It’s finally here: WINTER!!! (Ok well, meteorologically not really, but you know what I mean.) I know this is a season you either love or hate, because it’s one of the two extreme ones. I’ve never come up with my own tag (I’m not even sure if this is something you just can decide to do, but someone’s gotta start them, right?:D), but since I’ve become such a huge winter fan in the past couple of years and I know that there are quite a few people who don’t like this colder season, I thought it would be nice to collect some points FOR winter in order to maybe change their mind. When I was younger, I used to LOVE summer, the hotter, the better, but not anymore. So I think I have quite a good number of arguments for this pro-winter list 😀 And here’s what I came up with:
- List at least 5 points that make you like winter (you can do more if you like, but if you have problems coming up with the five, try thinking of the little things, as always 😉
- Tag some other people (the number doesn’t matter)
- ENJOY 🙂
So, as you can see, there are no really hard rules to follow. If you are one of those people who don’t really like winter very much, I hope you can find at least some positive points here;) Let’s start!
- It’s time for pretty jumpers, turtlenecks, cardigans, etc. YAY! To be honest, I used to love summery clothes – I was fine as long as my attire consisted of some trousers and a tshirt, and nothing more. No jacket, no nothing. However, this really changed in the past few years, and somehow I became a HUGE fan of longer, warmer clothes. I think there is something about the several layers and the darker, richer colours that is incredibly pretty and stylish.
- If you know me at least a LITTLE BIT, you know what has been coming from the beginning, haven’t you? I have been patiently waiting to list this 😀 CHRISTMAS!!!! It’s the Christmas season, the season I’ve been waiting for the whole year! I love how festive and cosy and cheerful it is, how you can decorate everywhere and put lights up and there’s just this magical feeling in the air. And you really start thinking of other people, something we should do daily, but what we miss in our hectic lives quite often. Not only do we really think about what gifts we could get our loved ones, but it’s also the time to donate or find little ways to help other people, which I love.
- t’s time for hot beverages!!! I don’t like coffee, but I have seen so many nice sounding drinks with yummy syrups, so there’s got to be something for everybody! Also, there’s so many nice choices with hot chocolate – my favorite wintery drink ever 🙂 Also, TEA!!! I drink tea every day anyway, but it’s a nicer feeling in winter, when the cup warms your hands and you can really enjoy the taste!
- You can wear the nicest accessories! Think of all the hats, scarfs, and gloves, and all the pretty colours and materials you can choose from! I used to get middle ear infections so quickly as a kid and always had to wear either hats or headbandsin winter, and that was a time when it was really uncool to wear stuff like that. Gosh, how happy I am those times are over lol 😀
- Winter is somehting like the peak season for us book lovers. It gets dark very early – which I’m not usually a big fan of tbh – but this gives you the time (and perfect excuse) to snuggle up on your couch (with said hot drink lol) and a book! And a film. Or whatever you like!
- It’s time for more neglected hobbies! Spending more time inside means you need to find something to do! And what better time is there than inwinter to get your knitting things out, or a canvas and brushes and paint. You can use the time to get really creative, which then also lifts your mood! Win win 😀
- Have you ever taken a walk in the snow? It’s the most magical feeling ever, and you’re feeling like a character from you favorite Christmas film!
- THE FOOD. Need I say more? Don’t think of the extra two or three pounds, but is the wintery food not really the best? The chocolates, sweet treats, biscuits, and all the heavy but delicious savory foods? (My wouth is starting to water, I need to stop lol)
And that’s it for now. Honestly, I could go on and on, but I’m gonna pause here for now. What can you add to this list? I would love to know what you are liking about winter! Please let me know in the comments!
I’m specifically curious about you:
Looking forward to read your lists!
Happy winter everybody 🙂